Hydrogen peroxide is simply a water molecule (H202) with an extra oxygen molecule. This additional molecule does not seem like much, however, has a fairly large contribution. For example, there are some bacteria and germs that haunt our daily lives, and the presence of oxygen is a death sentence for some of these organisms. Thus, there are many diseases that are very, very cheap treated using a few drops of hydrogen peroxide. One of the most common disorders in which hydrogen peroxide is used is seborrheic keratosis.
quick path to the main topics
The use of hydrogen peroxide:
- One of the main uses of hydrogen peroxide (3%) is the maintenance of dental hygiene. The toothbrush may be soaked in hydrogen peroxide between uses to eliminate germs. A bottle equipped with a small spray to keep the hydrogen peroxide can be stored in the shower to be used as a disinfectant after every shower.
- Also as a disinfectant, hydrogen peroxide can be used for toilets and sinks in the house when someone suffering from contagious diseases. Put 50 grams of peroxide in the dishwasher to prevent the spread of colds and other illnesses.
- Hydrogen peroxide is added to the water good for plants to supply more oxygen. Tap water loses much of its oxygen after passing through the pipeline so long.
- It’s good for cleaning fruits and vegetables. Put salt and a quarter cup of hydrogen peroxide in the sink filled with cold water and rinse the vegetables with it.
- Hydrogen peroxide is used also to clean hospital patient rooms, surgical and medical equipment, and even ambulances! This was a major breakthrough because previously it was almost impossible to sterilize the interior of the ambulance.
More on hydrogen peroxide
Pure substance is a colorless liquid which decomposes violently in the presence of porous or finely divided substances, blood etc. Hydrogen peroxide is used in pharmacy (30% hydrogen peroxide) and hydrogen peroxide diluted ten times (3%).
Hydrogen peroxide loses 02 spontaneous, slow, intense light and heat. Therefore, prepare only the quantity to be consumed. The handling and preparation of hydrogen peroxide is extremely caustic!
Mechanism of action: atomic and molecular oxygen formed by the decomposition of the thiol groups pcroxidului acts on (SH) protein of destroying microbial le.in Meanwhile, O2 flush wound penetrates privacy of removing foreign substances and microbes through mechanical action.
Antiseptic hydrogen peroxide is weak with an index of 0.012 to 0.014 phenol (phenol relates to antiseptic power whose index is 1). Action occurs as long as O2 is released in the presence of organic substances – skin tissue. O2 release is rapid, with a short acting. It has the great advantage that NLI is irritating, thereby wounds can be washed in abundance. Hydrogen peroxide is used externally to disinfect wounds and mucous membranes. If used for a long time for oral antisepsis can produce reversible hypertrophy of the lingual papillae.
Hydrogen peroxide preparations:
- Perogen – tube x 10 tablets of 1 gram (hydrogen peroxide + urea) by dissolution can produce 100 grams of hydrogen peroxide 3%.
- Hydrogen peroxide – 30% aqueous solution – not used as such, but prepared, if necessary diluting it ten times, resulting in 3% hydrogen peroxide.
Hydrogen peroxide can be used in a large area of treatments starting from traumatic wounds or caused, dental, ENT, to creams, dermatology (especially for the treatment of seborrheic keratoses), for their bleaching action.
As the concentration of 100% hydrogen peroxide is very unstable, it is used in different proportions mixed with demineralised water. Hydrogen peroxide is produced in standard concentrations of 70%, 60%, 50%, 35%, 30%.
Related Posts About Seborrheic Keratosis:
Posted in : F.A.Q